Thursday, June 2, 2011

20 questions with rockydawg

1. What should we call you?
Geoff

2. Any hobbies or favorite pastimes besides HBD?
Golf, fishing, walking my hounds, cooking/grilling and
aggravating my wife.

3. How did you fall into HBD?
Found it on a google search. Tried one season of a sim league, but the depth of HBD was what attracted me to the game. Used to play a little ball back in the day ( star pitcher on my T-ball team ) and lived and died baseball. So building a team from the ground up and developing players was very appealing. This was my 2nd world , Hunter was my first. I guess I became an Addicted User.

4. How many teams do you run? How many hours per week do you pour into your teams?
Got 4 teams right now. Spend about 8-10 hours a week. The wife thinks it is more.

5. Married? Children?
Married with 3 dogs ( Rocky, Marley and Kona) and 4 cats ( George, Koshka, Sammy and Sahara ) If anyone wants a cat I will give them Sahara and include a lifetime supply of food...the catch is a no-return policy:)

6. City/State you live in? Hometown where you grew up?
Reside in Raleigh, North Carolina at present. Born in Cleveland grew up in Erie, Pa

7. Occupation? Do you check in on your teams often during the workday?
I have been in retail for 33 years and rarely check during the workday.

8. Who is your all time favorite baseball player?
Have a few.
Willie Mays / Buddy Bell / Omar Vizquel / Tony Blair
Also Josh Gibson...just from the stories my Granfather used to tell me about him.

9. What makes you laugh?
My animals. They are always doing something you would not expect.

10. Top 3 all time movies?
Cool Hand Luke
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
The Outlaw Josey Wales

11. What popular song past/present do you most identify with?
Any Bob Seger tune.

12. Real baseball team you grew up loving? Still in love with them?
The Cleveland Indians. Started following them close when I was 10 way back in 1970. They was pretty bad. Listened to almost every game and when they were on the west coast would listen in bed with my ole transistor radio with a ear piece so my parents would not hear. Used to go to the old stadium when only a few hundred fans would show up.

13. Tell me 2 things you wish you knew about particular AU owners?
their passwords so I can change their lineups when they play me? Or I would just settle on where everyone is from.

14. You're fairly outspoken as a AU owner. Why?
I would not say I am outspoken, but do speak up if I feel strongly about an issue,

15. What is your GM philosophy?
What share my secrets on how to never win a World Series...well ok. I like pitching. Strong D and PC catchers. Good D up the middle. Power on the corners when I can. Although my philosophy does differ slightly in some of my other worlds. I don't really get into the International market much in this world and don't really sign to many "A" type FA.But that may change.

16. Any special meaning for your WIS nickname? Your AU team name?
My oldest dog is named Rocky...after Rocky Colavito. He was a rescue as all my animals are. He is 14 now. So all my teams name have Dawg in it...or will soon ( took over a team in mid season in Gibson world and have yet to change the name

17. Who is/was your favorite AU owner? Why?
Kinda hard to say, I have played with a lot of great owners in this world from the day I joined. I did not even have a full season when I joined and got a lot of great advice which I very much appreciated.

18. Which MLB Commissioner do you admire or identify with most? Why?
Kenesaw Mountain Landis....great name and he was described once by Ban Johnson as a "wild eyed nut".

19. General pet peeves about the HBD game?
Coach hiring...would also like to see more former players be coaches.
DTR's....just once would like to see one at least be a utility player.

20. If I was AU Commish for a day I would...
have 10 cent beer night!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment