Sunday, June 19, 2011

20 questions with Evan43

1. What should we call you?
Evan

2. Any hobbies or favorite pastimes besides HBD?
Movies, Sports (mostly watching these days), Hanging out with my girls

3. How did you fall into HBD?
I've been on the site for almost ten years. I was a real big into SimLeague Baseball. I switched over to GD for awhile until HBD came out. I joined the day they launched game.

4. How many teams do you run? How many hours per week do you pour into your teams?
I am at 4 teams right now. I just had to let one go due to time and normal family chaos. In total I spend a few hours a day checking. It just depends on the time of the season for my teams.

5. Married? Children?
My wife has three beautiful girls. The youngest is almost four; she is my girl. She always makes me laugh. Just a whirlwind of energy.

6. City/State you live in? Hometown where you grew up?
I live in central Arizona. I moved out here about 8 years ago. I grew up in Akron, Ohio, and went to college in Canton, Ohio.

7. Occupation? Do you check in on your teams often during the workday?
I work in retail. I check my teams on my droid phone as much as I can. I have to hide out in my office. I used to be able to check on my computer, but WhatIf is a blocked site now. I think I had a small hand in putting it on the company's radar. All those GD recruiting classes probably did me in.

8. Who is your all time favorite baseball player?
I love baseball. Especially the history of the game. So I have a lot of players I like. But, growing up and even now, my favorite player is Dale Murphy. I can really get worked up when I start talking about Murphy not being in the HOF. I also have to say Chipper Jones is a close second to Murphy.

9. What makes you laugh?
I love to joke around and be a smart ass. My little girl Aurelia makes me laugh all the time. I also love to watch tv and movies that me laugh.

10. Top 3 all time movies?
I think I could write an essay on this question. I did a few times in college. I am big movie buff. So to make a short answer long... Casablanca is the best movie ever made. I really like films of Clint Eastwood, Woody Allen, the Marx Brothers, Wes Anderson and the Cohen Brothers, just to name a few. So at this moment... Casablanca, Annie Hall & Chinatown.

11. What popular song past/present do you most identify with?
Something from The Killers or Simon & Garfunkel

12. Real baseball team you grew up loving? Still in love with them?
I have always been a hopeless Atlanta Braves fan. I grew up with the Cleveland Indians, so they will always have a small piece of my baseball heart.

13. Tell me 2 things you wish you knew about particular AU owners?
Where everyone is from. And does anyone else think of their players as if they are real players from time to time?

14. You're fairly quiet as an AU owner. Why?
Not a big board guy usually. I love to read whats going on, but not big on chiming in. Plus, checking at work doesn't always allow for it. The blog in this world in one of the best around.

15. What is your GM philosophy?
Win. I have a difficult time waiting and rebuilding. Splits are king. Know your players and their strengths. Every roster spot should fill a role in the machine.

16. Any special meaning for your WIS nickname? Your AU team name?
My nickname is my first name and my high school jersey number. The name Browncoats comes from an old tv show Firefly.

17. Who is/was your favorite AU owner? Why?
I can't pick just one. This truly is a great world with a very solid group of guys. I do have to give a little love to MGreenwell. He left this team in amazing shape with a boatload of talent.

18. Which MLB Commissioner do you admire or identify with most? Why?
Happy Chandler. He was the players' commissioner. He helped set up a pension fund. He also allowed Branch Rickey to sign Jackie Robinson.

19. General pet peeves about the HBD game?
Coach hiring is weak. The lack in amount of talent is the draft is stupid. DITR should happen after players sign; not the all-star break. A late pick should turn into Jake Peavy or Albert Pujols. I not saying it should happen for every team every season, but it never happens. That is unrealistic.

20. If I was AU Commish for a day I would...
Do as little as possible. This a such a great world. The commish doesn't need to do much.

No comments:

Post a Comment