Saturday, June 11, 2011

20 questions with diabeticrock

1. What should we call you?
Chris, but Rockstar works just fine ;)

2. Any hobbies or favorite pastimes besides HBD?
Enjoy writing (have a 2nd book coming out this summer) and spending time traveling

3. How did you fall into HBD?
Honestly, I don't really recall. I think I may have used one of those coupons for the college bball game during March Madness a few years ago

4. How many teams do you run? How many hours per week do you pour into your teams?
Currently I have three teams, and HBD is an adjective for PROCRASTINATION. I'd get a lot more work done if I didn't spend 18 hours a day studying the stats of my #5 starters.

5. Married? Children?
Single and any kids found richer fathers.

6. City/State you live in? Hometown where you grew up?
Temporarily back in Southeastern Michigan/Detroit, my hometown, after spending the previous 4 years in New York City. Probably heading out west to SoCal later this year.

7. Occupation? Do you check in on your teams often during the workday?
I run a charity (Diabetic Rockstar) and website (same ".com"), along with nationwide charity events, publishing endeavors (like the upcoming book), etc etc.

8. Who is your all time favorite baseball player?
Always had a thing for Kirk Gibson

9. What makes you laugh?
Is "Dumb people" an acceptable answer? I think one of the greatest joys in life is being able to find the humor in every thing.

10. Top 3 all time movies?
I'd have to probably include Swingers...Empire Records is a great, great movie...and for the hopeless romantic in me, lets go with Say Anything

11. What popular song past/present do you most identify with?
This is too hard....I am a music addict; I think my I-Tunes is up to 5,000 songs...I seriously have a song for every emotion, moment, feeling, whatever you can think of. I find a lot of myself in the very first Taking Back Sunday album, of all things, and even in some of Harry Chapin's first record.

12. Real baseball team you grew up loving? Still in love with them?
The Tigers,baby.

13. Tell me 2 things you wish you knew about particular AU owners?
1) What their weakness is, IE, the kind of player they can never say no too, and how old they all really are....Cause I swear I'm being toyed with by 12 year-olds, sometimes


14. You're fairly outspoken as a AU owner. Why?
Thats just me. I'm opinionated, vocal, stubborn, and always always fight for what I believe in....

15. What is your GM philosophy?
Offensively I'm a speed and makeup guy, pitching a groundball/pitch 2 type of guy.... My philosophy changes each time I lose, however

16. Any special meaning for your WIS nickname? Your AU team name?
I've kind of adopted "diabetic rockstar" as my alter-ego, or more appropriately as the persona I aspire to be. Its all about living life to the fullest.

17. Who is/was your favorite AU owner? Why?
Oh, none of you haha. You're all pains in my ass. But I guess Torrone, we've always had some good division battles, and now in other worlds too

18. Which MLB Commissioner do you admire or identify with most? Why?
Honestly, I don't identify with MLB commissioners in my lifetime, at least not to the point I can name more than one or two. The beauty of the game, unlike in other sports, is that the basic rules and structure never changes. Its always throw the ball, hit the ball, run around the bases...


19. General pet peeves about the HBD game?
I wish that there was a way to protect players from bad managers. Example, I just was a replacement owner and the previous guy had trotted out a 13 man MLB roster for the first 20 games. Its been 45 games and I still havent been able to use my #1 or #2starters because they are STILL at "0/0" fatigue and have no options, and aren't worth anything in the trade market right now. There has to be a way to protect players from their own selves, somehow, or give the commissioner additional ways to fix glaring mistakes

20. If I was AU Commish for a day I would...
Good question. I think a good commish lets people have passionate debates without becoming part of the debate. A good commish doesn't take sides, or argue vehemently for his/her point. The commish is the rep for all owners, just just a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment